Contract Works Insurance

Any construction site has its risks. If you or one of your workers causes damage or loss to a building, it could potentially cost you time, money and loss of reputation. Should an onsite injury be sustained it could result in considerable pain, stress, and financial loss. With this in mind it is imperative to have the right amount of Contract Works Insurance in place.

Who needs it?

Contract Works Insurance is recommended for all contract work business sizes – be it small, large commercial, industrial or owner builders.

What does it cover?

Contract Works Insurance can cover the building which is under construction. It is also able to cover equipment used in construction as well as public liability risk.
Depending on the policy your business takes out, Contract Works Insurance can cover against:

  • Natural disasters: bush fires, earthquakes, flood and water damage – to name but a few;
  • Damage to property caused by defects, theft and malicious damage or vandalism;
  • Broken glass;
  • Public and products liability insurance, plus extra related costs;
  • Third party personal injury or property damage. It can also include extra costs such as replacing builder’s tools.

What is excluded?

As with any policy there are exclusions. As construction business differ it is important to ensure that your policy correctly reflects your business needs. Check with us to further investigate excesses and limits on cover.

Back to Top