As a farm owner there are many extenuating factors that can determine if your year will be rewarding. Adverse weather, diseases to livestock and crops, machinery breakdown are but a few of the risks that you as a farmer needs to navigate. Farm Insurance can help protect your farm and its produce. Additionally, there are policies that also protect the well being of you, your family and the people that work on or visit your property.
Who needs it?
It doesn’t matter the size of your farm or the type of produce or livestock you raise. Farm Insurance is tailored to protect it all.
What does it cover?
Farm insurance can be designed to cover your home and farm buildings, livestock, crops, machinery and more. It is also possible to safeguard against theft and loss of income. For example a typical policy could include:
- Protection for domestic property and belongings from an insured event or accidental damage;
- Accidental damage and theft cover for farm assets such as buildings and machinery;
- Cover against third party claims for personal injury or property damage and legal costs;
- Accident and sickness cover, with regular payments to help keep your business if you’re injured or fall ill;
- The potential to insure the value of your crops.
What is excluded?
As with any policy there are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover so check with us to further investigate these on your behalf.