Home and Contents Insurance

Home Insurance

It makes sense to protect your home – it’s not just a physical asset, it offers safety security and comfort. In the event of an accident, home invasion or extreme weather event it could be more than a physical loss at stake. It’s important to make sure that you have the right type and amount of cover in place to keep your home and possessions safe.

Who needs it?

If you have a mortgage, your bank will usually require you to have Home Insurance cover. However, if you own your home outright, have an investment property, or rent your home, it is important to consider some type of home insurance.

What does it cover?

Depending on what type of policy you chose, Home Insurance can include:

• Covers on the physical building against events such as accidental damage, flood, fire, explosion, natural disasters (earthquake, storms etc). Damage by vandalism or break in and liability to third parties.

• Covers on the contents of your home to protect your valuable possessions such as furniture, electronic items, whitegoods, and jewellery. This cover will enable you to repair or replace them if they are damaged or stolen.

What is excluded?

As with any policy there are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover so check with us to further investigate these on your behalf.


Related insurance

Do you need motor insurance cover?

Back to Top